- The Turkish Lira slumped to a fresh 8-1/2 month low as investors cautiously awaited Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey's monetary policy decision.
- The CBRT slashed its one-week repo auction rate by another 75bps to 11.25 percent during its first policy meeting of 2020, defying market expectations of a 50bps cut.
- USD/TRY is trading 0.3 percent up at 6.0646, having hit a high of 6.0719 earlier, its highest since May 28.
- Momentum indicators are bullish - RSI strong at 73, MACD supports upside and Stochs are at overbought levels.
- Immediate resistance is located at 6.0773, any close above could take it above 6.0808.
- On the downside, support is seen at 6.0296 (7-EMA) and break below could take it near 6.0241.
Recommendation: Good to buy on dips around 6.0481, with stop loss of 6.0361 and target price of 6.0773.