Senior Research Fellow, School of Information Systems, Curtin University
I have a mix of academic and industry project experience.
In the first five years of my employment at Curtin University I was involved in a lot of Industry Funded Projects, where I had to understand the industry problems and propose a solution.
I was involved in researching in diverse areas based upon the industry partners needs and develop solutions with my team of PhD students.
This has resulted in me gaining a lot of experience in a lot of different areas, which is quite unique to me as a researcher since most other researchers are focussed on a very limited research areas.
Further all my research so far has been of practical nature, with real world applications.
My expertise is in the following areas:
1. Information Security, Anti-Spam, Cyber Security, Steganography, Digital Watermarking
2. Wireless Sensor Networks, Smart Grids, Cyber Physical Systems, Internet of Things
3. Low Cost Housing/Construction, Decision Support Systems for Construction Material Selection
4. Consumer Engagement, Data Quality, Social Media, User Contribution Measurement
5. Big Data, Data Analytics
6. Business Sustainability, Aviation Emissions
Cyber security experts have raised concerns about Prime Minister Malcom Turnbull and senior government ministers sending private and confidential information via the messaging service WhatsApp. WhatsApp and similar...
Oct 04, 2016 08:53 am UTC| Technology
If youve ever put a phrase into an online translator and then laughed at the garbled results, your fun might be coming to an end. Google claimed last week to have eradicated 80% of the errors made by its translation...
Aug 01, 2016 07:11 am UTC| Technology
This week marks one year since the launch of what is arguably Microsofts most ambitious and possibly most controversial operating system: Windows 10. Windows 10 represents a fundamentally different approach compared...