FxWirePro- Currency Strength Index (4- Hour chart)- Currency pairs to watch(EURGBP and CHFJPY) for the day
FxWirePro- Currency Strength Index (4- Hour chart)- Currency pairs to watch(USDCHF and CADJPY) for the day
FxWirePro- Currency Strength Index (4- Hour chart)- Currency pairs to watch(USDCAD and CADJPY) for the day
FxWirePro: EUR/JPY holds marginal gains, focus on German Q4 GDP data for impetus
Chart - Courtesy Trading View
EUR/JPY was trading 0.15% higher on the day at 128.72 at around 06:50 GMT
Previous Week's High/ Low: 131.17/ 128.55
Previous Session's High/ Low: 129.01/ 128.32
On Thursday, the German GfK Consumer Confidence Survey showed improvement in the final figure of -6.7, versus -7.8 expected and -6.9 prior.
Cautious mood prevails ahead of preliminary readings of German Q4 GDP, expected -0.3% versus +1.7% prior.
Also, fears of Russia-Ukraine tension underpin the safe-haven Japanese yen, keeping upside in the pair limited.
- EUR/JPY price action is moving away from lower Bollinger band
- Oscillators are at oversold levels raising scope for some pullback
- Price action is extending sideways at cloud base support
- 5-DMA caps recovery attempts, break above could see more upside
- The pair is grinding sideways along 200-month MA, decisive break above will provide clear long-term upside
Major Support and Resistance Levels:
Support - 128.10 (Rising Trendline), Resistance - 129.18 (200H MA)
Summary: EUR/JPY is showing signs of some upside. Major trend however remains bearish. Watch out for break above 5-DMA for some more gains. Bearish invalidation only above 200-DMA. Major trend is likely to remain sideways for some time.