Dwight Howard is now officially a Lakers again after parting ways with the team years prior. The big man’s signing comes amidst DeMarcus Cousins' ACL injury, which will likely sideline him for the better part of the season.
Last week, reports were coming in that Dwight Howard, Mo Speights, and Joakim Noah conducted individual workout session with the Lakers. Now, the 33-year-old will be wearing purple and hold as the off-season comes to a close.
However, the Lakers appear to be wary about Dwight Howard’s that’s why they aren’t fully committing with him. According to ESPN’s Bobby Marks, Howard has no financial guaranteed on the deal highlighting the sense of unease by the Lakers.
Dwight Howard’s contract
“The contract that Dwight Howard will sign in LAL is called a ‘summer contract’ because it has $0 salary protection (comparable to Anthony Bennett in Houston). Howard will earn $14,490 for every day he is on the roster,” Marks said. He went on to say that the salary clock will start ticking on Oct. 21.
The reason behind the Laker’s distrust towards Dwight Howard is due to his rather strong personality. He has been bouncing from team to another as there are rumors in the league that he’s quite a disruptive presence in the locker room. The Brooklyn Nets and Memphis Grizzlies even parted ways with him before he could even don the uniform.
Dwight Howard ‘warned’ not to be disruptive
Apart from the unprotected salary contract, Dwight Howard has also been reportedly “warned” not to cause any shenanigans during his tenure, or the team will cut him out, SBNation reported. However, it appears that some members of the Lakers – particularly the players – have expressed some level of trust with the big man.
Dwight Howard has apparently “won over” LeBron James and Anthony Davis as he showed promise during the initial meeting, Lake Show Life reported. Whether he keeps that promise is still up for contention, however.
Regarding his health, Dwight Howard has supposedly recovered from his lumbar microdiscectomy surgery last November. A person who’s close with the 33-year-old claims that he’s 100 percent healthy, another uncertainty that remains up in the air for now.


Trump Signs Executive Order Targeting Big-Money College Athlete Payouts
Mexico President Claudia Sheinbaum Reconsiders Early School Closure Plan Ahead of 2026 World Cup
Netflix, Disney, YouTube Eye FIFA World Cup TV Rights in Multi-Billion Dollar Battle
Trump Draws Cheers at Ryder Cup as U.S. Trails Europe After Opening Day
Marco Rubio Says U.S. Will Block IRGC-Linked Individuals From Iran World Cup Delegation
DOJ Launches Antitrust Investigation Into the NFL Over Broadcast Restrictions
FIFA Faces Investigation Over 2026 World Cup Ticket Pricing and Seat Allocation Issues
World game at war: why some European nations have threatened a World Cup boycott
Republican Lawmakers Urge National Guard Role for World Cup Drone Security
U.S. Eases Iran Team Travel Restrictions Ahead of Seattle World Cup Match
JD Vance to Lead U.S. Presidential Delegation at Milano Cortina Winter Olympics Opening Ceremony
Spying, Southampton and economic pressure cooker of the ‘richest match in football’
FIFA Suspends Balogun Ban, Clears U.S. Striker for Belgium World Cup Clash
NBA Returns to China with Alibaba Partnership and Historic Macau Games
US Seizes Nearly 400 Illegal World Cup Streaming Domains in Global Anti-Piracy Crackdown
Trump Plans New Executive Order to Address Rising NIL Costs in College Sports
Trump Threatens Stadium Deal Over Washington Commanders Name 



