Manny Pacquiao and Keith Thurman will face each other in the ring on July 20, and the former is hoping to snatch the latter’s World Boxing Association (WBA) super welterweight champion belt. They will fight at the MGM Grand Arena in Las Vegas and in the Philippines, the bout is set to air live on July 21 at 10 a.m. via ABS-CBN Broadcasting Network.
As the date of the fight comes closer, Pacquiao, the eight-division world champion titlist said that he is ready to face his undefeated American opponent.
“They can bring the enemy today or anytime from now and face him off,” Boxing Scene quoted Pacquiao as saying. “I have been preparing for this fight for more than a month, dividing my time as a lawmaker and a fighter, and I believe I’ve done enough to prepare myself, for the fight."
On the other hand, Keith Thurman previously said that he would be sending Manny Pacquiao to retirement. He said that he would make Pacman disappear on July 20 just like what the Filipino boxing champ did to Oscar De La Hoya in their 2008 fight. “I’m excited to be the guy who shows Manny Pacquiao where the exit is,” Thurman said.
However, Pacquiao said that he is not worried at all because he is confident that he can beat his younger rival. The sportsman and Philippine senator added that no one could dictate when he will retire because he will only do so in his own terms, as per Boxing Insider.
The 40-year-old further said that no one intimidates him, and since Thurman is younger, he sarcastically said that he should respect the elders, “especially this elder.” Lastly, Manny Pacquiao said that rather than feeling scared, Thurman rather inspires him.
"My story is 40 years in the making,” Pacquiao told Spin. “My time is not yet over and my journey will continue. I'm not ready to look back as I'm still looking forward."


FIFA Suspends Balogun Ban, Clears U.S. Striker for Belgium World Cup Clash
World game at war: why some European nations have threatened a World Cup boycott
Trump Signs Executive Order Targeting Big-Money College Athlete Payouts
US to Review Iran World Cup Travel Restrictions Ahead of Egypt Clash
Marco Rubio Says U.S. Will Block IRGC-Linked Individuals From Iran World Cup Delegation
Los Angeles World Cup Security Plans: No ICE Immigration Enforcement at FIFA 2026 Matches, Officials Say
FIFA Faces Investigation Over 2026 World Cup Ticket Pricing and Seat Allocation Issues
Native American Groups Slam Trump’s Call to Restore Redskins Name
Los Angeles Mayor Says White House Must Reassure Fans Ahead of FIFA World Cup
DOJ Launches Antitrust Investigation Into the NFL Over Broadcast Restrictions
Netflix, Disney, YouTube Eye FIFA World Cup TV Rights in Multi-Billion Dollar Battle
White House Defends Trump’s FIFA Peace Prize Amid Global Criticism
Republican Lawmakers Urge National Guard Role for World Cup Drone Security
Trump Threatens Stadium Deal Over Washington Commanders Name
Trump to Host UFC Event at White House on His 80th Birthday 



