First Lady Melania Trump has a different approach to the coronavirus pandemic compared to her husband Donald Trump. On Thursday, Melania will be taking part in the global town hall to talk about the pandemic.
The Hill reports that the First Lady will be on CNN’s global town hall titled Coronavirus: Facts and Fears. This would be Melania’s first appearance on CNN since Trump was sworn into office in 2017. The network revealed that while her participation would be pre-recorded, Melania is expected to discuss how students have been affected by this pandemic by taking their classes online.
Contrary to the First Lady, Trump has often criticized CNN and called the network “Fake News,” and has never made appearances ever since his inauguration. His last appearance at CNN was back in 2016, during his presidential campaign bid. But Trump has praised Melania’s efforts in reaching out to Americans during the pandemic, saying that she has done a good job. Melania has often stressed the importance of wearing face masks in public spaces, as well as retweeting the guidelines and advice made by the CDC during the lockdown.
The First Lady has also sent care packages and packed lunches to hospitals as part of her Be Best initiative. Melania previously addressed those who are working on the frontlines of the pandemic to express her gratitude for their work. Several weeks prior, Melania reached out to her fellow first ladies to discuss the efforts their respective countries are making to combat the pandemic and affirm ties between their countries.
In other news, the Trump administration is known for foregoing several traditions and Melania is no exception. As the title of First Lady comes with certain customs, Melania has taken on the job and has skipped on some of them. One such instance is not accompanying her husband to the State of the Union address. During the address in 2018, Melania arrived without her husband to honor the guests she was sitting with during the event.
First Ladies also traditionally host state dinners at the White House. However, there was no state dinner back in 2017.


U.S. Military Drill Over Caracas Raises Tensions in Venezuela
Rubio, Jaishankar Discuss Iran Crisis, Trade, and Energy Security During Key U.S.-India Talks
China Coal Mine Explosion Death Toll Revised to 82 in Shanxi
Trump-China Summit Yields Limited Progress on Trade and Tech Cooperation
DHS Threatens to Halt International Airport Processing in Sanctuary Cities
Trump’s White House Ballroom Project Draws Criticism Amid Rising Gas Prices
Taiwan Says No Notice of U.S. Arms Sales Pause Amid Iran Conflict Concerns
Russia Launches Massive Missile and Drone Strike on Kyiv Amid Oreshnik Threat
Trump Sends 5,000 Additional U.S. Troops to Poland Ahead of NATO Talks on Iran War
Trump Says Iran Peace Deal Could Reopen Strait of Hormuz as Nuclear Talks Advance
Wang Yi to Lead UN Security Council Meeting and Visit Canada Amid Improving China-Canada Relations
Rubio Pressures NATO Allies as Trump Questions Alliance Commitment
Trump Signals Tough Stance on Iran Uranium Stockpile as Nuclear Talks Show Limited Progress
House Republicans Delay Vote on Iran War Powers Resolution Amid Growing Congressional Debate
Xi Jinping Orders Full Rescue After Shanxi Coal Mine Gas Explosion Kills Eight
White House Shooting Reports Prompt Major Security Response in Washington, D.C. 



