Foreign secretary Liz Truss may fast-track her plan to introduce tax cuts should she win the race in September.
The bloc's foreign ministers agreed on banning Myanmar's ruling generals from attending meetings until the junta shows progress on the peace plan.
Greece's finance minister announced the country would be exiting the enhanced surveillance framework after 12 years.
Populist Shia leader Muqtada al-Sadr called on the judiciary to dissolve parliament by the end of next week.
Without a fresh new vision, the next UK Conservative prime minister risks leading their party to election loss
The British defense ministry said in its bulletin that Russian forces are likely using anti-personnel mines in the Donbas region, which would lead to many casualties.
The head of Iran's Revolutionary Guards showed support for the Islamic Jihad, condemning the recent Israeli raid on Gaza.
The head of Ukraine's war crimes department said the department is probing almost 26,000 potential war crime cases, with 135 people charged.
A bombing in the western district in Kabul led to eight dead and 22 wounded, with Islamic State claiming responsibility.
Prime Minister Fumio Kishida said the incoming members of the Cabinet and new officials under the ruling Liberal Democratic Party must "review" their ties to the Unification Church.
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy called on the West to impose a blanket travel ban on all Russians for one year.
Malaysian foreign minister Saifuddin Abdullah has called on the ASEAN countries to also engage with the junta's rivals, including the shadow government.
North Korea rejects US humanitarian assistance, says offer is 'foolish' and politically-motivated
North Korea has rejected another gesture by the United States, questioning Washington’s reasons behind offering humanitarian aid amidst a COVID-19 outbreak in the isolated nation. Pyongyang dismissed the offer, saying it was politically motivated.
Reuters reports that North Korea’s foreign ministry dismissed the humanitarian offer by the US in a piece that was published Thursday. Pyongyang accused Washington of trying to whitewash international criticism it has received of what they described as a hostile policy towards the isolated nation.
The ministry went on to criticize the offer, saying that the gesture was not sincere in the midst of its recent joint military exercises and moves to impose further sanctions. Pyongyang added that Washington, citing its failed initial attempt to handle its own COVID-19 outbreak, should drop the “foolish” offer and take care of its own situation.
The US and South Korea previously offered to provide humanitarian support to North Korea as it saw a surge in fever cases following the first acknowledgment of a COVID-19 outbreak in recent months. The support was in the form of COVID-19 vaccines and medical supplies back in April but was not responded to by Pyongyang.
North Korea went on to accuse South Korea Friday of causing the COVID-19 outbreak within its borders, alleging that the outbreak started when its citizens started to handle “alien things” near the border it shares with South Korea.
Following an investigation, Pyongyang ordered its citizens to “vigilantly deal with alien things coming by wind and other climate phenomena and balloons in areas along the demarcation line and borders,” according to state media outlet KCNA.
KCNA reported that an 18-year-old soldier and a five-year-old child who handled the unidentified materials “in a hill around barracks and residential quarters” in the eastern area of Kumgang in early April showed symptoms, later testing positive for COVID-19.
While the outlet did not mention South Korea, North Korean defectors and activists have long flown balloons from South Korea across the border with leaflets and humanitarian aid.
Seoul has responded to the accusations by Pyongyang, with the unification ministry saying Friday that there is “no possibility” that COVID-19 entered North Korea through contaminated balloons that defectors and activists sent over the border.