“The Winds of Winter” is set to arrive but the exact date of its unveiling remains a mystery. Fans had their hopes up once again for a sooner-than-expected release after a popular source of “Game of Thrones” news shared that a Chinese translator of “A Song of Ice and Fire” may have dropped hints about the much-awaited novel’s arrival.
On Sept. 2, Winter Is Coming tweeted a link to an article that talks about the possible “The Winds of Winter” release. According to the article, the translator suggested that it is likely to come out sometime in 2019. However, the person issued another statement on Weibo, the Chinese microblogging site, to clarify the news.
Chinese A Song of Ice and Fire translator says The Winds of Winter will very likely come out in 2019: https://t.co/AnYlR0mz5s pic.twitter.com/6j3phU9no3
— Winter is Coming (@WiCnet) September 2, 2018
In the post, the translator uploaded a screenshot of an English translation where the person supposedly confirmed that the “The Winds of Winter” is coming in November 2019. Along with the image, the translator wrote, “I was shocked today. So I logged into the famous GOT news outlet WIC, the headline is WINDS will come out in 2019 and my adrenaline surged up 100%!”
“Turns out the source is..myself!” the person went on to say. “Well, I wonder which friend exported my post? I clarify: There is no official information on WINDS yet! That was purely my personal opinion.”
In the latter part of the message, the translator apologized for the misunderstanding. The person said that they felt sorry that the translated post had created such unnecessary publicity.
At any rate, “The Winds of Winter” author, George RR Martin himself previously affirmed that his novel is not coming to bookstores any time soon. As reported by EconoTimes, during his appearance at the Sci-Fi WorldCon, Martin was asked about the book’s progress and he said that he is still working on it.
Before “TWOW” arrives, George RR Martin invited fans to read “Fire & Blood” first. This book, about the history of Targaryen family, is arriving on Nov. 20.


Trump Signals He May Influence Netflix–Warner Bros Merger Decision
Disney Investors Demand Records Over Jimmy Kimmel Suspension Controversy
Google and NBCUniversal Strike Multi-Year Deal to Keep NBC Shows on YouTube TV
Paramount’s $108.4B Hostile Bid for Warner Bros Discovery Signals Major Shift in Hollywood
Trump Faces Mixed Reception at Kennedy Center Amid Conservative Overhaul
Netflix Shuts Down Boss Fight Entertainment, Developer of “Squid Game: Unleashed” Amid Gaming Strategy Shift
Jazz Ensemble Cancels Kennedy Center New Year’s Eve Shows After Trump Renaming Sparks Backlash
FCC Chair Brendan Carr to Testify Before Senate Commerce Committee Amid Disney-ABC Controversy
Squid Game Finale Boosts Netflix Earnings, But Guidance Disappoints Investors
Anderson Cooper to Exit CBS News’ 60 Minutes After Nearly 20 Years
Disney’s ABC Pulls Jimmy Kimmel Live! After Controversial Remarks on Charlie Kirk Killing
Trump to Pardon Reality Stars Todd and Julie Chrisley After Tax Fraud Conviction
Pulp are back and more wistfully Britpop than before
Trump–Kushner Links Raise Concerns as Paramount Pushes $108B Warner Bros Discovery Bid 



