Manny Pacquiao has yet to announce who he’s fighting next and it’s unlikely he’ll reveal it soon. The earliest we can hope is after the Spence-Porter fight slated to take place on Sept. 28.
There are speculations out there that whoever walks away victorious in the aforementioned bout will be fighting Manny Pacquiao. Spence himself has time and again expressed his desire to go toe to toe against the Filipino slugger.
However, given Manny Pacquiao’s previous actions, it’s unlikely that Spence will get a chance to have a crack at the icon since the matchup is simply too one-sided. Even Freddie Roach expressed his hesitation at agreeing to the potential bout, Forbes reported.
Manny Pacquiao unlikely to rematch Thurman, Horn
Thurman and Horn have also been taken out of the list as Manny Pacquiao’s camp said they’re not interested in giving both the rematch they’ve been asking. Now, Danny Garcia is inserting himself in the narrative and says that he’s ready to fight the Filipino slugger, BoxingScene reported.
“I mean, I thought I was gonna fight him this time. From what I knew, I thought I was supposed to fight [Manny Pacquiao] when he fought Thurman,” Garcia said.
Manny Pacquiao and his previous Twitter poll
So what are the chances of this fight happening? Well, since Manny Pacquiao previously expressed that he’s willing to throw down with Garcia, the possibility is certainly there. Garcia was one of the names that the fighting senator included when he launched a Twitter poll last March.
And while the 31-year-old came third during that four-man poll, there’s still a chance that Manny Pacquiao will pick him as Mayweather and Thurman came first and second respectively during that survey. With Mayweather saying he isn’t interested in fighting professionally anymore and Thurman being ignored by PacMan’s camp, Garcia is next in line.
Of course, given that Manny Pacquiao has yet to announce anything, it’s best not to jump to conclusions at this point. Pacquiao fighting Garcia is also a bad look since Garcia lost to Thurman two year ago. But then again, still being active at 40 years old is an achievement all on its own so maybe Pacquiao isn’t looking to fight big names. Perhaps he simply wants to box professionally until he decides to hang the gloves and rest on his laurels finally.


U.S. Eases Iran Team Travel Restrictions Ahead of Seattle World Cup Match
FBI Faces Historic Security Challenge Ahead of 2026 FIFA World Cup
Republican Lawmakers Urge National Guard Role for World Cup Drone Security
FIFA Suspends Balogun Ban, Clears U.S. Striker for Belgium World Cup Clash
Trump to Host UFC Event at White House on His 80th Birthday
Los Angeles Mayor Says White House Must Reassure Fans Ahead of FIFA World Cup
Trump Threatens Stadium Deal Over Washington Commanders Name
Trump’s U.S. Open Visit Delays Final, Fans Face Long Security Lines
Native American Groups Slam Trump’s Call to Restore Redskins Name
US Seizes Nearly 400 Illegal World Cup Streaming Domains in Global Anti-Piracy Crackdown
US Reviewing Visa Denial for Venezuelan Little League Team Barred from World Series
Netflix, Disney, YouTube Eye FIFA World Cup TV Rights in Multi-Billion Dollar Battle
FIFA Defends Balogun Ban Suspension After Trump Praise Sparks World Cup Controversy
World game at war: why some European nations have threatened a World Cup boycott
Los Angeles World Cup Security Plans: No ICE Immigration Enforcement at FIFA 2026 Matches, Officials Say
Trump Urges Hall of Fame Induction for Roger Clemens Amid Renewed Debate 



