Elon Musk has been pushing for the takeover of Twitter, but now it was reported that the deal is on hold. The 51-year-old billionaire was said to have suspended the deal and reportedly made a threat to cancel the purchase on Monday, June 6.
This report came after the Tesla and SpaceX chief executive officer openly accused the Twitter group of breaking the merger agreement as it did not provide the data on spam and fake accounts that he has been requesting. Musk sent a letter to Vijaya Gadde, Twitter's head of legal, policy, and trust, where he said that the company is "actively resisting and thwarting his information rights" as outlined by the deal.
A lawyer who is representing the billionaire further said, "This is a clear material breach of Twitter's obligations under the merger agreement and Mr. Musk reserves all rights resulting therefrom, including his right not to consummate the transaction and his right to terminate the merger agreement."
According to CNN Business, Twitter did not send an immediate response to its request for comments regarding the letter. The social media platform's chief, Parag Agrawal, maintained that his company's spam metric has been the same, but Musk alleged that the real number of the platform's spam accounts is more than what they think it is and probably as high as 90%.
The Tesla owner has been saying that the acquisition deal could not move forward unless Twitter provides proof of its spam metric. He has been making demands for the company to deliver information related to its testing methods to support its claims that bots and fake accounts constitute less than 5% of the platform's active user base.
Twitter said that this percentage has remained the same for years. Since he is not convinced, Musk wants to do his own assessment based on Twitter data, as per Reuters.
Meanwhile, the Twitter deal is effectively on hold now, and it is uncertain if Elon Musk will still push through with his $44-billion buyout offer. Although this is only temporary, investors are worried about how things will end, and in fact, Twitter's shares dropped a bit after the news of Musk's threat hit the headlines late last week.


Goldman Sachs to Pay $500M in 1MDB Shareholder Fraud Settlement
NHS shakeup: if it sounds like we’ve been here before, it’s because we have
SpaceX IPO Nears as Goldman Sachs Set to Lead Historic $75 Billion Offering
Boeing Wins Fraud Lawsuit Over 737 MAX Filed by LOT Polish Airlines
Dollar Slips as Risk Appetite Grows Amid Nvidia Rally and Iran Peace Hopes
PDG Explores $1 Billion Sale of China Data Center Assets
Asian Stocks Slide Ahead of Nvidia Earnings as Tech Shares Tumble
H.B. Fuller Eyes Advanced Medical Solutions in Potential £600M Takeover Deal
Goldman Sachs Sees Stronger U.S. Dollar as Global Economic Gaps Widen
ECB Warns Euro Zone Inflation Will Keep Rising Despite Strait of Hormuz Reopening
Samsung Shares Surge After Strike Deal Eases Labor Tensions
ECB Signals Possible Rate Hike as Middle East Tensions Push Euro Zone Inflation Higher
Fed Signals Possible Rate Hikes if Inflation Remains High in 2026
Iran-U.S. Talks Continue as Strait of Hormuz and Uranium Dispute Stall Peace Efforts
Japan Airlines Signs 10-Year Boeing 787 Maintenance Deal With GE Aerospace
US Economy Fueled by AI Investment Faces Rising Risks Ahead of Fed Meeting 



