For the most part of Manny Pacquiao’s professional boxing career, Top Rank boss Bob Arum had been by his side after every win. Arum and Pacquiao may no longer be working together, but the former still believes the Filipino boxer has what it takes to win in a rematch against Floyd Mayweather.
Pacquiao and Mayweather fought in 2015 with the latter winning via a 12-round unanimous decision. Since then talks of a rematch have been circulating online, but plans to make it happen has yet to take shape. The rumors of a rematch have once again made headlines since the 40-year-old boxer defeated Keith Thurman via a split decision last month.
Pacquiao vs. Mayweather: Arum thinks there would be a new winner
Many analysts and boxing fans were convinced the athlete-politician may still be able to win more matches despite being 40 years old. More recently, Arum has stated the same opinion that Pacquiao may be able to beat Mayweather if a rematch ever happens.
“Manny Pacquiao would win now,” the boxing promoter said about the supposed Pacquiao vs. Mayweather rematch. On the other hand, Arum also added that the athlete-politician’s latest win over Thurman might be a good note to end his boxing career and go on retirement. However, Pacquiao has repeatedly said retirement is not on the cards yet.
Pacquiao vs. Mayweather: Online feud
Pacquiao and Mayweather are undeniably both icons in the boxing welterweight scene. The American boxer retired with an undefeated pro record while Pacquiao remains the only boxer in history who managed to become an eight-division champion.
.@FloydMayweather You come to my fight and then use my name in a post but I’m the one that is trying to stay relevant? ???? if you want to be relevant again... #MayPac2
— Manny Pacquiao (@MannyPacquiao) July 24, 2019
A couple of days after Pacquiao’s win over Thurman on July 22, Mayweather instigated an online spat after claiming that Pacquiao’s career and legacy were established because the latter’s name has always been attached to Mayweather. The Philippine Senator retaliated by posing the challenge, “If you want to be relevant again... #MayPac2.”
Pacquiao’s next fight: Errol Spence Jr. or Shawn Porter
While most boxing fans want to see Pacquiao face Mayweather again, its uncertainty opens the chance for the former to fight other active boxers. There is a long list of possible next opponents for Pacquiao but on top of it are Errol Spence Jr. and Shawn Porter, who are going to fight on Sept. 28.


Los Angeles World Cup Security Plans: No ICE Immigration Enforcement at FIFA 2026 Matches, Officials Say
White House Defends Trump’s FIFA Peace Prize Amid Global Criticism
U.S. Eases Iran Team Travel Restrictions Ahead of Seattle World Cup Match
FIFA Suspends Balogun Ban, Clears U.S. Striker for Belgium World Cup Clash
Los Angeles Mayor Says White House Must Reassure Fans Ahead of FIFA World Cup
FIFA Faces Investigation Over 2026 World Cup Ticket Pricing and Seat Allocation Issues
FBI Faces Historic Security Challenge Ahead of 2026 FIFA World Cup
NBA Returns to China with Alibaba Partnership and Historic Macau Games
Republican Lawmakers Urge National Guard Role for World Cup Drone Security
JD Vance to Lead U.S. Presidential Delegation at Milano Cortina Winter Olympics Opening Ceremony
Netflix, Disney, YouTube Eye FIFA World Cup TV Rights in Multi-Billion Dollar Battle
FAA to Pause Reagan National Airport Flights for Freedom 250 IndyCar Race
Trump Plans New Executive Order to Address Rising NIL Costs in College Sports
Trump Threatens Stadium Deal Over Washington Commanders Name
World game at war: why some European nations have threatened a World Cup boycott 



