Manny Pacquiao is set to fight Keith Thurman on July 20 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. The Filipino boxer is aiming to snatch the latter’s welterweight belt at the upcoming 12-round World Boxing Association Welterweight Championship bout.
In preparation for his next fight, Pacquiao has been focusing on his training, and with one month left, he has entered the sparring phase already. Last week, Manny sparred with Tim Tszyu, an Australian light middleweight professional boxer and Australia’s National Boxing Federation's super middleweight champion, and this foreigner sparmate is convinced that the Pacman can easily beat Thurman.
“I think Manny will catch him (Thurman),” Rappler quoted said Tszyu as saying.
Tszyu himself as an impressive record and remained unbeaten with 13-0 and 10 KO’s record. On Thursday, he sparred with Manny Pacquaio for five rounds, and the Australian boxer said that he could feel Pacquiao’s power. He said that Pacman’s speed, solid punches, and overall techniques would surely bring Keith Thurman down.
“They are starting to hit each other,” Nonoy Neri, the assistant trainer, commented about the sparring session. “We can expect more heavy blows being thrown on Saturday.
Meanwhile, as Manny Pacquiao diligently prepares for his fight with Thurman next month, he has been named as one of the Philippine senators with the most absences in the 17th Congress. In contrast, four senators namely, Senate President Vicente Sotto III, Senate Majority Leader Juan Miguel Zubiri, and Senators Aquilino Pimentel III and Panfilo Lacson have the perfect attendance record.
The four mentioned officials have attended all the 79 regular sessions of the chamber while Manny Pacquiao was the second in the list with the most absences. According to Politiko, Senator Kiko Pangilinan only attended 47 out of 61 sessions from July 23, 2018, to June 4, 2019, while Pacquaio was present in 49 sessions. The record was released by the Senate Journal Service.


Native American Groups Slam Trump’s Call to Restore Redskins Name
FBI Faces Historic Security Challenge Ahead of 2026 FIFA World Cup
Trump Signs Executive Order Targeting Big-Money College Athlete Payouts
Trump Threatens Stadium Deal Over Washington Commanders Name
FIFA Faces Investigation Over 2026 World Cup Ticket Pricing and Seat Allocation Issues
US Seizes Nearly 400 Illegal World Cup Streaming Domains in Global Anti-Piracy Crackdown
Netflix, Disney, YouTube Eye FIFA World Cup TV Rights in Multi-Billion Dollar Battle
US to Review Iran World Cup Travel Restrictions Ahead of Egypt Clash
NBA Returns to China with Alibaba Partnership and Historic Macau Games
Los Angeles World Cup Security Plans: No ICE Immigration Enforcement at FIFA 2026 Matches, Officials Say
Marco Rubio Says U.S. Will Block IRGC-Linked Individuals From Iran World Cup Delegation
FAA to Pause Reagan National Airport Flights for Freedom 250 IndyCar Race
Trump Plans New Executive Order to Address Rising NIL Costs in College Sports
Republican Lawmakers Urge National Guard Role for World Cup Drone Security
JD Vance to Lead U.S. Presidential Delegation at Milano Cortina Winter Olympics Opening Ceremony
U.S. Plans $115 Million Counter-Drone Investment to Secure FIFA World Cup and Major National Events 



