Former New York mayor Mike Bloomberg is among the popular Democrat presidential candidates in the upcoming elections. Following the results of Super Tuesday, Bloomberg has announced that he will be ending his campaign, endorsing former vice president Joe Biden instead.
CNBC reports that Bloomberg broke the news in both a statement and on Twitter, saying that he will be bowing out of the presidential race on the side of the Democrats in the upcoming elections in November. The announcement follows his poor results from Super Tuesday. Along with his announcement that he will be bowing out, he also named Biden as his pick for the presidency. The former mayor of New York and billionaire has spent over $500 million in his campaign. “It is clear to me that staying in would make achieving that goal more difficult,” Bloomberg explained in a statement.
“Three months ago, I entered the race to defeat Donald Trump. Today, I am leaving for the same reason. Defeating Trump starts with uniting behind the candidate with the best shot to do it. It’s clear that it’s my friend and a great American, Joe Biden,” tweeted Bloomberg.
“I’ve known Joe for a very long time. I know his decency, his honesty, and his commitment to the issues that are so important to our country - including gun safety, healthcare, climate change, and good jobs,” Bloomberg noted in the statement. Prior to his announcement, Bloomberg and Biden had already talked about it, according to a campaign aide.
Biden accepted Bloomberg’s endorsement and also took to Twitter to express his gratitude. “I can’t thank you enough for your support - and for your tireless work on everything from gun safety reform to climate change. This race is bigger than candidates and bigger than politics. It’s about defeating Donald Trump, and with your help, we’re gonna do it.”
Meanwhile, Trump expressed his delight in the news of Bloomberg dropping out, and tweeted another jab against the former New York mayor. “Mini Mike Bloomberg just ‘quit’ the race for being President. I could have told him long ago that he didn’t have what it takes, and he would have saved himself a billion dollars, the real cost. Now he will pour money into Sleepy Joe’s campaign, hoping to save face. It won’t work!” tweeted Trump.


U.S. Military Drill Over Caracas Raises Tensions in Venezuela
China Coal Mine Explosion Death Toll Revised to 82 in Shanxi
Taiwan Says No Notice of U.S. Arms Sales Pause Amid Iran Conflict Concerns
White House Shooting Reports Prompt Major Security Response in Washington, D.C.
Marco Rubio Visits India to Rebuild U.S.-India Ties Amid Trade and Geopolitical Tensions
Trump’s White House Ballroom Project Draws Criticism Amid Rising Gas Prices
U.S. Sanctions Tanzanian Police Official Over Human Rights Violations
Wang Yi to Lead UN Security Council Meeting and Visit Canada Amid Improving China-Canada Relations
Rubio Says NATO Must Benefit All Members Ahead of Sweden Meeting
Rubio Pressures NATO Allies as Trump Questions Alliance Commitment
Trump Sends 5,000 Additional U.S. Troops to Poland Ahead of NATO Talks on Iran War
Trump Says Iran Peace Deal Could Reopen Strait of Hormuz as Nuclear Talks Advance
Trump Signals Tough Stance on Iran Uranium Stockpile as Nuclear Talks Show Limited Progress
Chicago U.S. Attorney Drops Charges Against Broadview Protest Defendants
Russia Launches Massive Missile and Drone Strike on Kyiv Amid Oreshnik Threat
US Approves $108 Million Hawk Missile System Support Package for Ukraine 



