Rapper Jack Harlow posted a photo of himself and Lou Williams at a local strip club in Atlanta, Magic City, and got the Los Angeles Clippers shooting guard in trouble.
Although the rapper later deleted the photo and said that it was an old one, Williams had admitted that he did go to the club but only to buy food. He had claimed that he had been vocal about loving the food at the place.
Nevertheless, the stunt still earned him an additional six days of quarantine for a total of 10 instead of only four days.
Williams was allowed to leave the NBA bubble at the Disney World in Orlando, Florida, and fly home to Atlanta to visit the wake of a family friend.
Players are not allowed to leave the NBA bubble unless they have an approved valid reason. The league is very strict about this as they want no Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) outbreak to happen inside the bubble that might jeopardize the resumption of the 2019-2020 season of the NBA.
As a result, Lou Williams, who is a candidate for the Sixth Man of the Year award, will now be missing the first two seeding games of the Clippers—the first against Los Angeles Lakers on Thursday, July 30, and against New Orleans Pelicans on Saturday, August 1.
This will make Williams the first player to miss an NBA game because of the quarantine.
Aside from that, the 33-year-old cager also missed the Clippers' final scrimmage against the Sacramento Kings.
Williams' act was seen as a breach of good faith with Clippers head coach Doc Rivers saying that they did not like seeing the picture.
It wasn't so much that Williams was just getting food or he was there for the entertainment, what the league is worried about was that he got exposed to a lot of people especially that COVID-19 related cases and deaths in Georgia are rising.
As for the Clippers, what rankles is the fact that Lou Williams is one of the team's veteran players and should have set an example of being a good role model and not one to first violate protocols which are set for everyone's protection inside the NBA bubble.
Image credit courtesy of Lou Williams/Instagram


U.S. Eases Iran Team Travel Restrictions Ahead of Seattle World Cup Match
US Seizes Nearly 400 Illegal World Cup Streaming Domains in Global Anti-Piracy Crackdown
Trump Signs Executive Order Targeting Big-Money College Athlete Payouts
Trump Threatens Stadium Deal Over Washington Commanders Name
US Reviewing Visa Denial for Venezuelan Little League Team Barred from World Series
Los Angeles World Cup Security Plans: No ICE Immigration Enforcement at FIFA 2026 Matches, Officials Say
World game at war: why some European nations have threatened a World Cup boycott
FIFA Defends Balogun Ban Suspension After Trump Praise Sparks World Cup Controversy
Marco Rubio Says U.S. Will Block IRGC-Linked Individuals From Iran World Cup Delegation
Netflix, Disney, YouTube Eye FIFA World Cup TV Rights in Multi-Billion Dollar Battle
White House Defends Trump’s FIFA Peace Prize Amid Global Criticism
Trump Draws Cheers at Ryder Cup as U.S. Trails Europe After Opening Day
FIFA Suspends Balogun Ban, Clears U.S. Striker for Belgium World Cup Clash
Trump Plans New Executive Order to Address Rising NIL Costs in College Sports
Trump Urges Hall of Fame Induction for Roger Clemens Amid Renewed Debate
Native American Groups Slam Trump’s Call to Restore Redskins Name
NBA Returns to China with Alibaba Partnership and Historic Macau Games 



