The year 2020 would have been a great one for boxing fans around the world given the possible match-ups that ultimately did not happen due to COVID-19. However, this only means there are many things to look forward to in 2021, especially those eager to see the next fights Manny Pacquiao is going to face.
Errol Spence Jr. reiterates preference to fight Manny Pacquiao after Danny Garcia
The potential match-up between unified welterweight champion Errol Spence Jr. and Pacquiao is probably on the wish list of most boxing fans. And even though they are both slated to face different opponents for their next fights, Spence reminds everyone that facing Pacquiao in the ring is still one of his career goals.
Spence is scheduled to defend his titles against Danny Garcia in a blockbuster unification bout on Dec. 5 at the AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas. The fight has been a long time coming and has been in the works as soon as Spence defeated Shawn Porter in 2019. But the Texas native is already looking forward to other career-defining fights beyond this year.
This is not the first time Spence announced his eagerness to fight Pacquiao, and it is unlikely going to be the last. In an interview with The Sun, Spence said he remains hopeful to make this bout happen before the Philippine champ retires. “He's on his way out so I'd love to have that fight,” Spence said. “He's a living legend, and I've never fought someone of that calibre. ... That would be different and it would send me somewhere else popularity-wise.”
Pacquiao reaffirms pro boxing career will ‘continue’ as he signs with Paradigm Sports
It is still unknown how possible it is to see Spence battle it out with Pacquiao in the ring. The Filipino currently holds the WBA Super welterweight title, so many were expecting him to choose an opponent for his next fight from whom he would defend his championship.
However, Pacquiao’s and Conor McGregor’s camps have both confirmed that they are set to face each other for their first boxing match in 2021. What happens next for the only eight-division champion is still unknown, but he has implied that he intends to “continue” with his professional boxing career.
Pacquiao, who is turning 42 in December, shared on Instagram earlier this month that he had signed with Paradigm Sports. “Grateful for the support of my family, team, and fans as I continue my professional boxing journey,” he wrote.


JD Vance to Lead U.S. Presidential Delegation at Milano Cortina Winter Olympics Opening Ceremony
FIFA Defends Balogun Ban Suspension After Trump Praise Sparks World Cup Controversy
FIFA Suspends Balogun Ban, Clears U.S. Striker for Belgium World Cup Clash
World game at war: why some European nations have threatened a World Cup boycott
DOJ Launches Antitrust Investigation Into the NFL Over Broadcast Restrictions
Mexico President Claudia Sheinbaum Reconsiders Early School Closure Plan Ahead of 2026 World Cup
White House Defends Trump’s FIFA Peace Prize Amid Global Criticism
Republican Lawmakers Urge National Guard Role for World Cup Drone Security
US Seizes Nearly 400 Illegal World Cup Streaming Domains in Global Anti-Piracy Crackdown
FAA to Pause Reagan National Airport Flights for Freedom 250 IndyCar Race
Trump’s U.S. Open Visit Delays Final, Fans Face Long Security Lines
FIFA Faces Investigation Over 2026 World Cup Ticket Pricing and Seat Allocation Issues
Trump Urges Hall of Fame Induction for Roger Clemens Amid Renewed Debate
NBA Returns to China with Alibaba Partnership and Historic Macau Games
FBI Faces Historic Security Challenge Ahead of 2026 FIFA World Cup
Spying, Southampton and economic pressure cooker of the ‘richest match in football’
Native American Groups Slam Trump’s Call to Restore Redskins Name 



