Iran said Thursday it is reviewing Washington’s latest proposal aimed at ending the ongoing conflict, after U.S. President Donald Trump warned that military action could resume if Tehran fails to reach an agreement. The renewed diplomatic push comes six weeks after a fragile ceasefire paused one of the region’s most serious conflicts in recent history.
Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesperson Esmaeil Baghaei confirmed that Tehran had received the latest U.S. position and was evaluating it. Pakistan continues to play a key role as a mediator between the two sides, facilitating multiple rounds of communication. Pakistan’s interior minister also visited Tehran this week to support ongoing negotiations.
Trump signaled impatience with the slow pace of talks, saying the U.S. could act “very quickly” if Iran does not provide what he called the “right answers.” He reiterated that Washington remains determined to prevent Iran from obtaining nuclear weapons and warned that failure to secure a deal could lead to “nasty” consequences.
Meanwhile, Iran’s Revolutionary Guards issued a warning against any renewed military strikes, threatening a wider regional conflict if attacks resume. Tehran’s latest proposal reportedly includes demands previously rejected by Washington, such as sanctions relief, compensation for war damage, control measures over the Strait of Hormuz, release of frozen assets, and the withdrawal of U.S. troops from the region.
The Strait of Hormuz remains a major concern for global energy markets. Iran recently announced a “controlled maritime zone” in the strategic waterway, raising fears of disruptions to global oil and LNG shipments. Despite restrictions, several oil tankers from China and South Korea successfully crossed the strait this week.
The conflict has already caused thousands of deaths across Iran, Israel, and neighboring countries, while oil prices continue to surge, increasing concerns about inflation and global economic instability ahead of the U.S. midterm elections in 2026.


China to Buy 200 Boeing Jets, Push for Extended U.S. Trade Deal
US Senate Advances Iran War Powers Resolution in Rare Rebuke to Trump
U.S.-Iran Nuclear Talks Show Progress as JD Vance Signals Hope for Deal
UK Diplomat James Roscoe Leaves Washington Embassy Role Amid Leadership Changes
TrumpRx Expands Discount Drug Access With 600 Generic Medications
Trump Signals Possible New U.S. Strike on Iran as Nuclear Talks Continue
Trump Administration to Reduce NATO Military Commitments in Europe
Trump Administration to Announce Charges Against Raul Castro Over 1996 Cuba Shootdown
Trump-Taiwan Talks Could Reshape U.S.-China Relations
Trump Warns of Renewed Military Action Against Iran as Peace Talks Stall
US Expands Criminal Investigation Into Nicolas Maduro With New Florida Probe
Vance Says Delayed Poland Troop Deployment Is Not a U.S. Withdrawal From Europe
Canada Condemns Israel Over Gaza Flotilla Activists as Tensions Escalate
UN Backs ICJ Climate Ruling Despite U.S. Opposition
Flavio Bolsonaro Admits Meeting Banco Master Owner Amid Brazil Election Turmoil
Xi and Putin Summit in Beijing Signals Stronger China-Russia Alliance
Raul Castro Indicted by U.S.: Cuba’s Revolutionary Leader Faces Renewed Scrutiny in 2026 



