“Altered Carbon” season 2 is finally filming so fans should feel assured that the series is coming back soon. It has been delayed for so long that there were fans who started to think it was already shelved but the filming announcement just crashed this thoughts and worry.
“Altered Carbon” season 2 was renewed in July 2018 last year and filming has begun last Feb. 4. In fact, the cast had been spotted working in Vancouver, Canada. It was said that the production team is expecting the shoot to wrap up on June 25.
When “Altered Carbon” season 2 returns, Joel Kinnaman will not be in the cast list anymore. He will be replaced by Anthony Mackie, the Falcon in Marvel’s cinematic universe, for the lead role as Takeshi Kovacs.
Now, some fans are not in favor of this character change in “Altered Carbon” season 2. Digital Spy reported that Kinnaman’s replacement received backlash from its avid viewers but the actor defended the decision to change him as the lead. He said that this is needed due to the concept of the series.
"That was always the intention of the show, and I thought that that was a very cool concept, that the character would continue, but a new actor would play him for each season,” he told DS. "So I wouldn’t be surprised if, in another season, we see a woman playing the same character. That’s the possibility when people can change bodies."
Meanwhile, “Altered Carbon” season 2 is likely to premiere in late 2019 or early 2020 based on the filming schedule. While the shoot has been confirmed to end in June, there are still some post-production works to do so it cannot be released as soon as filming concludes.


Disney Investors Demand Records Over Jimmy Kimmel Suspension Controversy
Paramount’s $108.4B Hostile Bid for Warner Bros Discovery Signals Major Shift in Hollywood
FCC Chair Brendan Carr to Face Senate Oversight After Controversy Over Jimmy Kimmel Show
George Clooney Criticizes Trump’s Tariff Threat, Calls for Film Tax Incentives
Trump Proposes Two-Year Shutdown of Kennedy Center Amid Ongoing Turmoil
Jazz Ensemble Cancels Kennedy Center New Year’s Eve Shows After Trump Renaming Sparks Backlash
Trump Slams Super Bowl Halftime Show Featuring Bad Bunny
Anderson Cooper to Exit CBS News’ 60 Minutes After Nearly 20 Years
FCC Chair Brendan Carr to Testify Before Senate Commerce Committee Amid Disney-ABC Controversy
Netflix Shuts Down Boss Fight Entertainment, Developer of “Squid Game: Unleashed” Amid Gaming Strategy Shift
Gulf Sovereign Funds Unite in Paramount–Skydance Bid for Warner Bros Discovery
Trump Threatens Legal Action Against Disney’s ABC Over Jimmy Kimmel’s Return
Google and NBCUniversal Strike Multi-Year Deal to Keep NBC Shows on YouTube TV
Trump Signals He May Influence Netflix–Warner Bros Merger Decision 



