The rematch between Andy Ruiz and Anthony Joshua is one of the most anticipated bouts that will take place this year. However, it’s still unclear when the exact date will be and which venue will showcase the bout.
Eddie Hearn, Anthony Joshua’s promoter, previously said that it would take place on Saudi Arabia but Andy Ruiz has refused. Now, Hearn is claiming that the champion has agreed to take the fight to the Middle East.
Andy Ruiz previously said that he wants the fight to take place in either Mexico or the United States. But the real reason may have been more about financial disagreement rather than where the fight will be held, Boxingnews24 reported.
Andy Ruiz to earn more money with the new deal
Now, it appears that a new deal may have been struck between Anthony Joshua’s camp and Andy Ruiz. The latter was supposed to get paid £8m for the fight, while the former was apparently going to take double that amount.
Andy Ruiz’s new pay cut remains unclear as of this writing but rumors would have it that it was “millions more” than what was previously agreed upon, TheSun reported. Ruiz was obligated to give Joshua the rematch before they fought a few months ago and it appears that his pay for the second fight was already set in stone as well.
Andy Ruiz has yet to confirm Hearn’s claims
But it’s important to understand that all of these are coming from Hearn. Andy Ruiz himself has yet to confirm anything and Hearn said we’ll be hearing from the champion soon. What’s certain is that the rematch will indeed be happening since Ruiz will be facing legal issues should he back out from the contract that he signed.
“[Andy Ruiz’s] choice is to have a legal battle that could put him out of boxing for years or to defend his belts for a lot of money against a guy he has already beaten. There isn’t any doubt he will take the fight,” Hearn said.
He added that Andy Ruiz and Anthony Joshua would be attending a press conference in two weeks’ time to confirm the Saudi Arabia venue. As for the date, it’s supposed to happen on Dec. 7. Ruiz’s camp is currently preparing to mold him for the rematch with trainer Manny Robles saying he wanted the session to start this week, ESPN reported.


Trump Plans New Executive Order to Address Rising NIL Costs in College Sports
Marco Rubio Says U.S. Will Block IRGC-Linked Individuals From Iran World Cup Delegation
FIFA Suspends Balogun Ban, Clears U.S. Striker for Belgium World Cup Clash
NBA Returns to China with Alibaba Partnership and Historic Macau Games
DOJ Launches Antitrust Investigation Into the NFL Over Broadcast Restrictions
FIFA Faces Investigation Over 2026 World Cup Ticket Pricing and Seat Allocation Issues
US to Review Iran World Cup Travel Restrictions Ahead of Egypt Clash
Trump Threatens Stadium Deal Over Washington Commanders Name
Trump to Host UFC Event at White House on His 80th Birthday
Trump Signs Executive Order Targeting Big-Money College Athlete Payouts
US Seizes Nearly 400 Illegal World Cup Streaming Domains in Global Anti-Piracy Crackdown
Trump Urges Hall of Fame Induction for Roger Clemens Amid Renewed Debate
Trump’s U.S. Open Visit Delays Final, Fans Face Long Security Lines
Los Angeles World Cup Security Plans: No ICE Immigration Enforcement at FIFA 2026 Matches, Officials Say
Mexico President Claudia Sheinbaum Reconsiders Early School Closure Plan Ahead of 2026 World Cup
Native American Groups Slam Trump’s Call to Restore Redskins Name 



