Breaking News: K-Pop sensation Wonder Girls will disband after a decade of making music together.
In a statement sent by the South Korean group’s management on Soompi.com, it read, “ Hello, this is JYP Entertainment. We are announcing that Wonder Girls, after 10 years, is disbanding. The decision happened after much discussion among the members and with our agency. Yubin and Hyerim of Wonder Girls have re-signed with JYP Entertainment, and they will be continuing with music, acting, MCing, and other activities. Yeeun and Sunmi, after much deliberation, have decided to leave JYP Entertainment.”
Some of the Wonder Girls’ fans shared their theories about the band breaking up, The Inquisitr reported. One theory is that JYP Entertainment is sidelining the band for a much, younger group. Another theory is that some members of the band are looking to be represented with a different agency. None of these theories have been confirmed yet.
In a heartfelt YouTube video, the Wonder Girls individually thanked their fans for the support. Yeeun said in the video, “It’s already been 10 years since we’ve been together. All the moments that we laughed, cried, and were happy and sad together went by like a kaleidoscope. Thank you for giving us memories that we’ll take with us forever.”
Sunmi also said, “A lot of things happened during these 10 years. To all the fans that supported us, trusted us, and waited for us… my heart aches, giving you sad news. I’m sorry, and thank you.”
Pop Crush said one piece of good news is that the Wonder Girls will be releasing one more single on their ten-year anniversary, which is on February 10.
The Inquisitr noted that the Wonder Girls is just one of the several K-Pop bands disbanding in recent months. Kara and 4minute disbanded last year, while 2NE1 disbanded without so much as a farewell concert.


Trump Proposes Two-Year Shutdown of Kennedy Center Amid Ongoing Turmoil
Anderson Cooper to Exit CBS News’ 60 Minutes After Nearly 20 Years
Disney Investors Demand Records Over Jimmy Kimmel Suspension Controversy
Trump Slams Super Bowl Halftime Show Featuring Bad Bunny
Pulp are back and more wistfully Britpop than before
Trump Threatens Legal Action Against Disney’s ABC Over Jimmy Kimmel’s Return
FCC Chair Brendan Carr to Face Senate Oversight After Controversy Over Jimmy Kimmel Show
Trump–Kushner Links Raise Concerns as Paramount Pushes $108B Warner Bros Discovery Bid
Netflix Shuts Down Boss Fight Entertainment, Developer of “Squid Game: Unleashed” Amid Gaming Strategy Shift
Netflix’s Bid for Warner Bros Discovery Aims to Cut Streaming Costs and Reshape the Industry
Trump to Pardon Reality Stars Todd and Julie Chrisley After Tax Fraud Conviction
FCC Chair Brendan Carr to Testify Before Senate Commerce Committee Amid Disney-ABC Controversy
Jazz Ensemble Cancels Kennedy Center New Year’s Eve Shows After Trump Renaming Sparks Backlash 



