PhD Candidate in Virology, Griffith University
Eugene Madzokere is a final year PhD Candidate in Virology at the Institute for Glycomics located at Griffith University.
He studies and researches
(1) the serological prevalence of viruses,
(2) the emergence, extinction, and phylogenetic, evolutionary and spatio-temporal relationship of viruses,
(3) constraints (e.g. selection pressure, mutation and recombination) and biases on virus evolution,
(4) geographical and epidemiological hot-spots of disease burden,
(5) influences of climate and land-use changes on dispersal of prominent viral mosquito vectors.
(6) new genomic targets for antivirals and,
(7) methods for controlling viral disease spread.
Feb 12, 2021 07:57 am UTC| Science
Living through a global pandemic over the past year has seen all of us expanding our vocabularies. We now understand terms like PPE, social distancing and contact tracing. But just when perhaps we thought we had a...