Former President Donald Trump is keen on making a return to the public eye after having been scarce since leaving the White House. Trump is reportedly set to hold his first political rallies since leaving office in the summer, the first events since the January 6 rally that triggered the insurrection.
People familiar with the matter told the New York Post that the former president is set to hold his first political rallies in the coming summer months. Trump is already expected to appear in two events in June and in one event in July. The times, dates, and locations have yet to be determined, although the third event is said to take place sometime around the fourth of July holidays.
This would mark six months since the last rally he held in DC on January 6, which started the insurrection at the Capitol that killed five people. The announcement also follows news last week of Wyoming Republican Liz Cheney getting ousted from her leadership role in the House Republican caucus. Elise Stefanik, a supporter of the former president, was elected to replace her. The announcement of the rallies has also increased speculation on whether the former president is planning to launch another presidential bid for the 2024 elections.
Trump has not held rallies since January 6, but to this day, continues to peddle his widely debunked claims that the 2020 presidential election was stolen from him. In the days and weeks since the insurrection, over 400 of the rioters were arrested and charged by law enforcement officials. Republicans in Washington have also been trying to downplay or dismiss the incident.
In other news, without the protections of the White House, Trump is at the center of many legal battles and investigations, some of which are criminal. Trump and House Democrats this week, announced that they have come to an agreement to resolve the ongoing dispute of congressional subpoenas for obtaining his financial records.
According to the court filing, both sides are negotiating, which is over the scope of the subpoenas as well as the process of resolving concerns surrounding responsiveness and privacy. Both sides have also requested an additional 30 days to continue talks, the extra time allowing for coordination with Deutsche Bank.


Trump-China Summit Yields Limited Progress on Trade and Tech Cooperation
Russia Launches Massive Missile and Drone Strike on Kyiv Amid Oreshnik Threat
Iran-U.S. Talks Continue as Strait of Hormuz and Uranium Dispute Stall Peace Efforts
DHS Threatens to Halt International Airport Processing in Sanctuary Cities
Xi Jinping Orders Full Rescue After Shanxi Coal Mine Gas Explosion Kills Eight
Chicago U.S. Attorney Drops Charges Against Broadview Protest Defendants
Trump Signals Tough Stance on Iran Uranium Stockpile as Nuclear Talks Show Limited Progress
White House Shooting Reports Prompt Major Security Response in Washington, D.C.
U.S. Sanctions Tanzanian Police Official Over Human Rights Violations
World Bank Emergency Funding Demand Surges as 27 Countries Seek Crisis Support Amid Iran Conflict
First Trump, now Putin – all roads lead to Xi Jinping
Marco Rubio Visits India to Rebuild U.S.-India Ties Amid Trade and Geopolitical Tensions
Trump Weighs Taiwan Arms Deal as U.S. Denies Iran War Caused Delays
Taiwan Says No Notice of U.S. Arms Sales Pause Amid Iran Conflict Concerns
China Coal Mine Explosion Death Toll Revised to 82 in Shanxi
Mexico-EU Free Trade Deal Signals Strategic Shift Away From U.S. Dependence
Wang Yi to Lead UN Security Council Meeting and Visit Canada Amid Improving China-Canada Relations 



