Despite setting a controversial precedent, Twitter permanently suspended former President Donald Trump’s account, especially after the January 6 insurrection. With Trump now facing a trial before the Senate, the company’s CFO says the ban on Trump’s account willremain regardless if he decides to run for office again.
The chances of Trump returning to his social media platform of choice have already been scrapped out, according to the platform’s CFO Ned Segal. Speaking on CNBC on Wednesday, Segal clarified that the permanent ban on Trump will remain even if he wins the presidency again. Segal’s comments come in the midst of the ongoing Senate trials against the former president for inciting an insurrection. Should Trump be ultimately acquitted, he would still be eligible to run for office again.
“The way our policies work, when you’re removed from the platform, you’re removed from the platform,” said Segal. “Whether you’re a commentator, you’re a CFO, or you are a former or current public official. Remember, our policies are designed to make sure that people are not inciting violence, and if anybody does that, we have to remove them from the service and our policies don’t allow people to come back.”
Twitter cited that it was suspending Trump permanently due to the risk of inciting more violence after the riots occurred. Prior to the permanent suspension, the platform had already suspended Trump for several hours for the same reason while also flagging several of his tweets for misinformation. Similar actions were also taken on Facebook as the platform also banned Trump from posting indefinitely. Youtube started issuing strikes on Trump’s channel as well.
On his last days in office, Trump was impeached by the House on a bipartisan vote as 10 Republican Representatives joined the Democratic Representatives in the vote to impeach the now-former president for the insurrection. Among them was number three Republican Liz Cheney, who doubled down on her reasons why Trump should be impeached and convicted. Speaking on Fox News Sunday, Cheney said she will not step down from her position even as the Wyoming GOP voted to censure her.
“We have never seen that kind of an assault by a president of the United States on another branch of government, and that can never happen again,” said Cheney.


Xi Jinping Orders Full Rescue After Shanxi Coal Mine Gas Explosion Kills Eight
First Trump, now Putin – all roads lead to Xi Jinping
White House Shooting Reports Prompt Major Security Response in Washington, D.C.
Rubio Says NATO Must Benefit All Members Ahead of Sweden Meeting
Iran Pushes Nationalist Propaganda as Economic Crisis and War Deepen
China Coal Mine Explosion Death Toll Revised to 82 in Shanxi
Israel Faces Global Backlash Over Gaza Flotilla Activists’ Treatment
Rubio Pressures NATO Allies as Trump Questions Alliance Commitment
Iran-U.S. Talks Continue as Strait of Hormuz and Uranium Dispute Stall Peace Efforts
World Bank Emergency Funding Demand Surges as 27 Countries Seek Crisis Support Amid Iran Conflict
US Approves $108 Million Hawk Missile System Support Package for Ukraine
Rubio, Jaishankar Discuss Iran Crisis, Trade, and Energy Security During Key U.S.-India Talks
Wang Yi to Lead UN Security Council Meeting and Visit Canada Amid Improving China-Canada Relations
House Republicans Delay Vote on Iran War Powers Resolution Amid Growing Congressional Debate
Taiwan Says No Notice of U.S. Arms Sales Pause Amid Iran Conflict Concerns
Trump’s White House Ballroom Project Draws Criticism Amid Rising Gas Prices
U.S. Military Drill Over Caracas Raises Tensions in Venezuela 



