Barcelona wanting to reacquire Neymar is taking on a new sense of urgency as the weeks go by what with the trade window closing on Sept. 2. So far, PSG has declined the offers of Barca for the Brazilian superstar and is maintaining that they want cash in exchange for him.
Neymar has been vocal about wanting to leave PSG, and the team is more than happy to let him go if a club simply matches the offer they want which is around £200m. However, despite the 27-year-old’s insistence, PSG defender Thiago Silva is hoping that Neymar would stay with the team.
“I hope that in the end, he will be able to stay with us because he is an incredible guy, an indispensable player for this team but we have to wait for what will happen at the end of the transfer window. Neymar is a key player on this team, and he decides if he’s happy to stay or not,” Silva said.
Neymar’s teammates want him back
Meanwhile, Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez want Neymar to return to Barcelona, but the club simply doesn’t have the money and asset to meet the requirement of PSG. Thus, rumors would have it that Barca will offer PSG with a season-long loan deal that would obligate them to buy the Brazilian in cash next year, Express reported.
Of course, since the deal is still being worked on, it’s best to remain skeptical for now. Another team that is highly interested in Neymar is Real Madrid and has offered £110 million-plus Luka Modric for the talented forward. PSG, however, appears uninterested in the offer.
Neymar willing cut down his salary
Meanwhile, Juventus has also joined the conversation and has apparently offered €80million along with Paulo Dybala to acquire Neymar. It still unclear what PSG thinks of this trade but judging by their previous actions, they’ll likely turn this one down as well.
As for the fans of Barca, some are still hurting about Neymar leaving the club in 2017, while others have moved on and is willing to welcome him back into the club. Neymar himself admitted that he shouldn’t have parted ways with the team and has expressed his regret in his previous statements. He even said he’s willing to cut down his salary by 15 million euros if the club would have him back.


World game at war: why some European nations have threatened a World Cup boycott
US Seizes Nearly 400 Illegal World Cup Streaming Domains in Global Anti-Piracy Crackdown
Netflix, Disney, YouTube Eye FIFA World Cup TV Rights in Multi-Billion Dollar Battle
White House Defends Trump’s FIFA Peace Prize Amid Global Criticism
Mexico President Claudia Sheinbaum Reconsiders Early School Closure Plan Ahead of 2026 World Cup
US to Review Iran World Cup Travel Restrictions Ahead of Egypt Clash
Marco Rubio Says U.S. Will Block IRGC-Linked Individuals From Iran World Cup Delegation
Trump Draws Cheers at Ryder Cup as U.S. Trails Europe After Opening Day
Republican Lawmakers Urge National Guard Role for World Cup Drone Security
FIFA Suspends Balogun Ban, Clears U.S. Striker for Belgium World Cup Clash
NBA Returns to China with Alibaba Partnership and Historic Macau Games
FIFA Defends Balogun Ban Suspension After Trump Praise Sparks World Cup Controversy
Trump Signs Executive Order Targeting Big-Money College Athlete Payouts
Los Angeles Mayor Says White House Must Reassure Fans Ahead of FIFA World Cup
Trump Urges Hall of Fame Induction for Roger Clemens Amid Renewed Debate
DOJ Launches Antitrust Investigation Into the NFL Over Broadcast Restrictions
Trump to Host UFC Event at White House on His 80th Birthday 



